Other ways we can Support you...
With the versatile and relevant nature of The Groove EDGEucation Approach, we support a wide variety of audiences and their unique needs. All of our work is embodies our 2 key philosophies:
1. Equally engaging the “Body, Brain & Being” while learning
2. Promoting and Celebrating both Unity and Individuality
Looking for a Keynote or Conference Presentation?
Since our work is dedicated to the theoretical and practical engagement of the entire self in education, we have extensive speaking experience presenting on Physical, Cognitive, Social Emotional realms with valuable applications across multiple professional subject matter areas including Physical Literacy, Academics (math, literacy) Social/Emotional Learning, Early Years, Holistic Education, Arts, or Leadership. Conference participants are exposed to the theory behind the approach but also get to experience first hand the power of integrating the body, brain and being while up on their feet, moving with their own community. We customize a unique and memorable keynote that creates rich and powerful experiences for all audiences.
- Boost Your ConFITence HDSB - October 27th 2016, Milton
- Early Learning Children's Conference - November 19th, Conestoga College
- HWDSB Principals Conference - January 26th-27th 2017, Hamilton
- Ontario Parks and Recreation - February 16th 2017, Toronto
- New York City Schools Social/Emotional Learning Conference - March 24th 2017
- Equity and Inclusion Symposium SCDSB - April 25th 2017, Simcoe County
- HOBY Leadership, 3 day Seminar May 6th 2017, Ridgetown
I’m a School Board/District Consultant or Lead
Do you have a PD day coming up or are looking for professional learning opportunities and resource support? We’d love to partner with you to best enhance your teachers’ capacity to integrate our philosophies into their practice and teaching subjects.
Contact us to get the Groove going!
I’m a Teacher or Educator looking for Resources
Are you interested in using The Groove Resources in your classroom, but your school or board does not have access? Contact us so we can discuss your options. Here are the available resources.
Engage the BODY, BRAIN and BEING and enhabce your teaching practice in:
- Numeracy (apporx 25 activites across all 5 curriculum strands - elementary)
- Literacy (a kinesthetic book study on the book “The Day the Crayons Quit - elementary)
- Dance Curriculum (lessons following the creative process and 5 elements of dance - Grade 1-10)
- H&PE (build physical literacy, fundamental movement skills and competensies - Elementary and Secondary)
- Kindergarten (whole child development and play)
- The Elementary Generalist Package (Includes Numeracy, Literacy, Dance and Grooves for DPA and Brain Breaks)
Staff Wellness and Team Building
We know how tiring the school day and year can get. It’s important to give some love to ourselves as educators too. Perfect for both Elementary and Secondary Teams, we facilitate a wellness session that not only calms and grounds teachers and staff from the stress of the school year, but is a wonderful way to build community and connection.
Decide to add learning to the experience, or keep in light and therapeutic. Tell us a bit about your team and we’ll design the best experience for you!
I’m a Secondary School
Let us know your needs and contact us for more info about the following opportunities to partner:
- Student Wellness
- Leadership and Link Crew Presentations
- SHSM Trainings (Arts and Culture, Health and Wellness, Sport and Recreation)
Let us know your needs and contact us for more info
I’m a Community and Recreation Leader
Are you part of a YMCA, Municipality, or Centre working with children and youth? We train your leaders in ways to get their participants active, creative and interactive using the Groove Philosophies.
Contact us with the needs of your centre for the most accurate package and quote.
I’m a B.Ed or AQ Instructional Lead
We’d love to present a workshop introducing participants to The Groove EDGEucation pedagogical approach. We fall into multiple AQ categories inline with the Physical, Cognitive, Social/Emotional and worked with many educational institutions including York University, OISE (University of Toronto), Queens University, Nippising University and Brock University.
Contact us for more details.
I’m looking for a School Family Night
We think engaging and Informing Parents of what is happening at you school is so important and valuable. This can be done through a Keynote address to parents and/or an interactive family sessions with parents and children. Or, make this a one off fun and engaging community night at your school! We're flexible to suit your needs!